What We Do
Based in the heart of Manhattan, Sirens of Gotham takes pride in performing all kinds of a cappella music with precision and heartfelt artistry, from barbershop to contemporary pop to classical to vocal jazz.
Sirens of Gotham has accomplished much since its establishment in November of 2011, but has grown exponentially since February 2013, when the ensemble became a chartered chapter of the world's largest music education organization for women Sweet Adelines International (SAI).
Since then, the Sirens have claimed the title of SAI Region 15 Division A Champions three times (2015, April 2017, May 2018), taken 3rd place in the 2015 New York Harmony Sweepstakes, and in October 2018, will compete on the international stage for the Sweet Adelines International Harmony Classic barbershop chorus competition in St. Louis, MI. We have appeared on multiple televised broadcasts, starred in a television show, and performed in a variety of world-renowned venues.
Our Core Values
For Sirens of Gotham, valuing ambition means that we always strive to grow, improve, and achieve. An ambitious Siren is hard-working, prepared, dedicated, and never finished, because they are always searching for ways to elevate their craft and take the chorus to new heights.
For Sirens of Gotham, valuing authenticity means that we are never contrived or cookie cutter in performance, management, or the community. We seek to find meaning in our music and endeavor to choose music that inspires and speaks to us. We value open, honest, and transparent perspectives in the chorus, and each member is encouraged to be their own unique self. We celebrate diversity and promote inclusion. We don't apologize for who we are and always represent ourselves truthfully to our audience and our community.
For Sirens of Gotham, valuing joy is about allowing ourselves to be present and passionate in our ambitions--not laborious or intense. We share a deep emotional connection to music: we sing because it makes us happy, we are passionate about music and the role it plays in our lives, we choose to express ourselves artistically because we want to share our stories with others in a way that leaves them changed. We take pride and joy in our work and accomplishments, and this brings us together all the more.
The person in this position will be responsible for developing and leading the musical and artistic performance of Sirens of Gotham, in collaboration with the Music Team, in a way that is consistent with our mission and core values. If you'd like to learn more, please head to the Director Search page here.
- Samantha Bunting, Team Coordinator
- Meredith Rich, Communications Coordinator
- Gabriella Vega, Finance Coordinator
- Anna Chelak, Marketing Coordinator
- Elizabeth Culbertson, Membership Coordinator
- Charlotte Dow, Performance Coordinator
- Gracie Panousis and Emilia Mahaffey, Co-Fundraising Coordinators
As we search for a new director, the following members will work to ensure our continued growth during the interim!
- Stephanie Ofshinsky, Interim Director
- Kari Francis, Interim Assistant Director, Bass Section Manager
- Anna Chelak, Visual Coordinator
- Kiara Contreras, Music Team Secretary
- Lana Klenmeyer, Lead Section Manager, Visual Team Member - Costuming
- Helen O'Rourke, Tenor Section Manager
- Katherine Veil, Baritone Section Manager
- Alexis DePersia-Norelli, Visual Team Member - Choreography